The A1700 meter provides the complete solution for complex time of use metering for commercial and industrial consumers. The following versions of the meter are available:
- Direct Connected meter
- CT or CT-VT operated meter
- Multi-utility compatible meter providing data collection from external meters
- Class 0.2s, CT-VT multi-utility transformer loss compensation meters
The A1700 is of modular design, allowing one module for input or output and one module for communications to be fitted underneath the terminal cover.
The A1700 incorporates 4 levels of security passwords. Passwords can be disabled if required.
The Meter can be programmed or read either locally or remotely. Local communications is established via an optical communications port, using a PC or Hand Held Unit incorporating the IEC 62056-21 (formerly IEC 61107) protocol.
A Communications Module (RS232 or RS485) provides for remote communications either directly from a PC or via a modem e.g. PSTN, GSM, GPRS, Eternet etc.
The A1700 meter is housed in a polycarbonate polyphase meter case, which allows safe access to the auxiliary terminals.
Elster Metering Systems Power Master Unit Software provides a WindowsTM based platform for ease of programming the A1700 and reading meter data.
|Standard Features||Features/Options||Standards / Approvals||Download|
|Measurement||kWh Import and Export, kvarh in 4 quadrants, kVAh, 2 customer defined registers|
|Accuracy Class|| Class 0.2s, 0.5s, 1 and 2 (kWh measurement)|
EC Directive 2004/22/EC (MID) Class A, B and C
Class 2 or 3 kvarh
| 16 or 32 time of use registers, 8 maximum demand registers, 5 coincident demand registers, 12 seasons, |
96 switching times, 64 exclusion days.
|4 Relays (optional)||Normally open, solid state relays|
- Direct connected, CT & CT/VT operated
- Comprehensive tariff structure
- 2 line, multilingual dot matrix display
- Instantaneous instrumentation values
- 2 module slots for extended functionality
- 900 or 450 days load profile data
- Accuracy Class 0.2s, 0.5s (CT only), 1 or 2
- High security design
A1700 (/1, 2, 3, 4, 5) Features
In addition to the A1700 features
- Instrumentation monitoring
- 450 days load profiling, 370 days instrumentation profiling
- Voltage imbalance detection
- Summation of 5 input values
- 5 co-incident demand value
- 2 kVA registers
- Up to 8 outputs
- Interchangeable input/output modules
- Communication modules
- Data stream mode communications
- Transformer loss compensation
- Short terminal cover
- Display backlight
- Read without power
- Auxiliary a.c. supply
The A1700 conforms to:
- The essential requirements of the directive 2004-22/EC on Measuring Instruments (MID)
- The general requirements and particular requirements of EN 50470 Parts 1 & 3, and complies with Class M2 Mechanical environment and Class E2 Electromagnetic Environment
- IEC 62053 - 21 kWh, Class 1 & Class 2 Static
- IEC 62053 - 22 kWh, Class 0.2 and 0.5 Static
- IEC 62053 - 23 kvarh, Class 2 and 3 Static
- IEC 62052 - 11 General Requirements
- IEC 62053 - 61 Power Consumption and Voltage Requirements
- EN 50470 1-3 kWh Class A, B and C
- EC Directive 2004/22/EC (MID) Class A, B and C
- The degree of ingress protection is to IP53, IEC 60529:1989
- Meters are marked with the European CE mark, in accordance with the Marking Directive 93/68/EEC, to indicate compliance with the requirements of the EMC Directive 89/336/EEC.
- A1700 Meter Brochure Download (pdf) 320 KB